CareCruiz Homecare Agency is growing and we want you to apply! Our management team will be your advocate and allow the learning opportunities to help you grow in your career. Our working environment will be geared towards learning the different aspects of working with the elderly and certain disabilities. If you have a passion for serving others and making a significant difference in a person’s life, we definitely want you on our team!
An individual who, under supervision, provides assistance with nutritional and environmental support, personal hygiene, feeding and dressing.
- Demonstrated competency by passing a competency exam developed by the Agency or other entity which meets the PA regulatory requirements
- A training program developed by the Agency that meets all the PA state requirements
- A training program meeting the training standards by virtue of the agency’s participation as a provider in a Medicaid Waiver or other publicly funded program providing home & community based services
- Another program identified by the PA DOH by subsequent publication in the PA Bulletin or on the DOH website
- Practices good hygiene and is neat in personal appearance
- Speaks, reads, and writes English
- Must have current CPR certification
- Must have criminal background check
The Companion is a paraprofessional, providing services in the home for Consumers under the direct supervision of a qualified supervisor. Companion services include support, encouragement, companionship, respite breaks for family or caregivers, and provision of and instruction in reporting of changes in the Consumer’s situation. The Companion is assigned to a Consumer by the coordinator and follows a written plan of service.
- High School graduate with at least 1 year experience as a companion or life working experience
- Complete an Agency training/orientation program
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Use of an automobile with possession of liability insurance
- Must be able to read, write in English and follow instructions
- Must have a criminal background check